Savory Focaccia Sandwiches
Have deli sandwiches at home! It's easy.
Sun-Dried Tomato Spread
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons
chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped,
or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 round focaccia bread (12 inches in diameter)
- 30 thin slices cooked roast beef (20 ounces)
- 6 slices (1 1/2 ounces each) mozzarella
- 12 slices tomato
- Red onion rings, if desired
- Fresh basil leaves,
- In small bowl, cover tomatoes with boiling water. Let stand 30 minutes;
drain. Chop tomatoes.
- In small bowl, mix all remaining spread ingredients; stir in tomatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut focaccia horizontally in half. Spread tomato spread over cut sides of
- Layer roast beef, cheese and tomato slices on bottom half; top with onion
rings and basil. Add top half of focaccia.
- Cut into 6 wedges.
- Serve with fresh fruit or a bowl of soup.
Makes 6 servings.
Time Saver: Use purchased whipped cream cheese spread for the tomato spread.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 755 (Calories from Fat 395); Total
Fat 44g (Saturated Fat 20g, Trans Fat ncg); Cholesterol 140mg; Sodium 1240mg; Total
Carbohydrate 50g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars ncg); Protein 47g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 22%; Vitamin C 14%; Calcium 36%; Iron 36%
Exchanges: 3 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 5 High-Fat Meat Carbohydrate
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from Betty Crocker.
Other game day recipes you may like...
Cheesy Reuben Appetizer
Slow-Cooked Barbecue Pork Sandwiches
Savory Ranch Chex Mix
Fiery Kickoff Wings