Sloppy Joe Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups
panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 (1.31 ounce) envelope Sloppy Joe seasoning mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons firmly
packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place a lightly greased cooling rack inside a rimmed
- In a large bowl, combine ground chuck, sausage, onion, panko and Sloppy Joe mix.
- Stir in egg. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- In a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, combine tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire,
mustard, salt and pepper; add meatballs, tossing gently to coat.
- Cover, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Makes 30 meatballs