Slow-Cooked Barbecue Pork Sandwiches
It's magic! You put the meat and sauce in the pot, and hours later come back
to enjoy the ready-to-eat sandwich filling.
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup purchased sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1 garlic
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs, trimmed of fat, cut
into 2-inch pieces
- 6 Kaiser rolls, split
- In 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients except pork and
rolls; mix well. Add pork; stir to coat.
- Cover; cook on LOW setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker.
- Shred pork by pulling apart with 2 forks.
- Add pork back to sauce in slow cooker; mix well.
- If desired, to toast rolls, place cut sides up on ungreased cookie sheet;
broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup pork mixture into each roll.
Makes 6 sandwiches.
This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and
bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow
cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer's directions for layering
ingredients and choosing a temperature.
Recipe and photo credit: Pillsbury.