Steak and Blue Cheese Pizza
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package pre-sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) boneless sirloin steak, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 (7-inch) refrigerated individual pizza crusts
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- Bake the topping in stages to keep the steak from overcooking.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
Add onion and mushrooms; cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt; remove onion mixture from pan.
- Sprinkle steak with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Add steak to pan; cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side or until
desired degree of doneness.
- Let stand for 5 minutes; cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Place crusts on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 3 minutes. Remove crusts from oven.
- Combine mayonnaise and horseradish; spread each crust with about 2 teaspoons
- Arrange onion mixture evenly over crusts; bake at 450 degrees F for 2 minutes.
- Divide steak and cheese evenly among pizzas; bake an additional 2 minutes or
until cheese melts.
- Cut each pizza in half.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 pizza half)
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Super Bowl Recipes