Taco Salad Dip
Traditional taco salad ingredients are transformed into an ever-so-easy microwaved
- 1/2 pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 (16 ounce) can Old El Paso
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package Old El
Paso taco seasoning mix
- 2 drops red pepper sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon chili
- Finely shredded lettuce, if desired
- Additional shredded Cheddar cheese,
- Corn chips, if desired
- In 1 1/2-quart microwavable casserole, crumble beef.
- Cover loosely; microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes 30 seconds to 3 minutes 30
seconds or until beef is thoroughly cooked.
- Stir and drain.
- Stir in bell pepper, onion, beans, tomato sauce, seasoning mix, pepper sauce
- Cover tightly; microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes.
- Stir; spread mixture in 9-inch microwavable pie plate.
- Cover; microwave on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- In small bowl, mix sour cream, 1 tablespoon Cheddar cheese and the chili
- Spread over beef mixture. Sprinkle with lettuce and additional Cheddar cheese.
- Serve with corn chips.
Makes: 28 servings (2 tablespoons each)
Bored with iceberg lettuce? Switch to crispy romaine, a dark leafy green regarded
as a good source of vitamin A and folate.
Lighten up this taco treat with fat-free sour cream and reduced-fat Cheddar cheese.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 45 (Calories from Fat 15); Total
Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 250mg; Total Carbohydrate
4g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 0g); Protein 3g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 High-Fat Meat Carbohydrate
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker