- 3 long buns
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can tamales
- 3 ounces (3/4 cup) sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Halve buns lengthwise; toast.
- Add chopped green pepper and minced onion to chili with beans.
- Spread chili mixture over buns.
- Halve drained tamales; arrange on top of chili mixture.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Broil until cheese melts and sandwiches are heated through, about 10 minutes.