Queso Blanco Dip (White Cheese Dip)
Queso Blanco Dip is the hard-to-find dip that is served in many Mexican restaurants.
- 1 cup cheese (Monterey jack, Asadero or Chihuahua), finely shredded
- 4 ounces green chiles
- 1/4 cup Half-and-Half
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Put all ingredients into a double boiler and cook over medium or medium-low
heat until melted and well blended, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with fresh tostadas or hot flour tortillas.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.