Seviche Santa Cruz
The acid in the lemon juice will "cook" the fish. It can be served
as a dip with tortilla chips or spooned into sorbet glasses and served as a first
course before a formal dinner.
- 1 pound red snapper, diced
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 scallions, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
avocado, peeled and chopped
- Place fish in a glass dish with lemon juice.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Turn once or twice.
- Three to four hours before serving, add scallions, jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro,
olive oil and wine to the marinating fish.
- Chill well.
- Just before serving, fold in avocado.
Other Southwestern appetizer recipes you may like...
Shredded Pork Taquitos
Stinging Scorpion Guacamole