South of the Border Dip
- 1 can bean dip or 2 cans refried beans
- 3 ripe avocados
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 small can chopped ripe olives
- 3/4 pound mild Cheddar
- Ripe olive, to garnish
- Spread bean dip or refried beans on the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch or similar dish.
- Mash avocados with salt, pepper and lemon juice; spread over bean dip.
- Mix sour cream with mayonnaise and taco seasoning; spread mixture over avocado.
- Sprinkle onions, tomatoes and olives over sour cream mixture.
- Top with grated cheese; garnish with ripe olives.
- Serve with tortilla chips or Fritos.