Southwest Artichoke and Spinach Dip
Standard spinach artichoke dip gets a Mexican makeover with the addition of chopped
green chiles and pepper Jack cheese.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 (9 ounce) box Green
Giant™ frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese,
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
(14 ounce) bag round tortilla chips
- Spray 1- to 1 1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix all ingredients except pepper Jack cheese and tortilla
chips; spoon into cooker.
- Cover; cook on LOW heat setting 2 to 3 hours.
- Stir pepper Jack cheese into artichoke mixture. Cover; cook on LOW heat
setting about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
prep time 10 min
total time 2 hr 15 min
Drained, roasted red bell peppers can be substituted for the fresh bell pepper.
This tasty twist on spinach and artichoke dip can also be served with slices
of French bread.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 130 Calories from Fat 70
Total Fat 7g Saturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0g Cholesterol 10mg Sodium 150mg Total Carbohydrate
12g Dietary Fiber 2g Sugars 0g Protein 2g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 4% Iron 4%
Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from
Other Southwestern appetizer recipes you may like...
Shredded Pork Taquitos
Stinging Scorpion Guacamole