Southwest Artichoke and Spinach Dip
Standard spinach artichoke dip gets a Mexican makeover with the addition of chopped green chiles and pepper Jack cheese.
This tasty twist on spinach and artichoke dip can also be served with slices of French bread.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 (9 ounce) box Green Giant™ frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed, softened
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped*
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) bag round tortilla chips
* Drained, roasted red bell peppers can be substituted for the fresh bell pepper.
- Spray 1- to 1 1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix all ingredients except pepper Jack cheese and tortilla chips; spoon into cooker.
- Cover; cook on LOW heat setting 2 to 3 hours.
- Stir pepper Jack cheese into artichoke mixture. Cover; cook on LOW heat setting about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Prep: 10 min | Total: 2 hr 15 min | Servings: 26
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 130 Calories from Fat 70 Total Fat 7g Saturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0g Cholesterol 10mg Sodium 150mg Total Carbohydrate 12g Dietary Fiber 2g Sugars 0g Protein 2g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 4% Iron 4%
Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Pillsbury
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.