Southwestern Chicken Spread
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained well
- 3 green
onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons roasted, salted sunflower seeds, plus extra
for garnish (optional)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup cooked, chopped chicken (or
8 ounces canned)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Spread cream cheese on a dinner-size serving plate.
- Top with black beans, onions and sunflower seeds.
- Spread on sour cream.
- Sprinkle with chicken, cilantro and, if desired, a few extra sunflower seeds
- Serve with crackers.
Yield: about 16 servings, 1/4 cup each
Approximate values per serving: 201 calories, 9 g fat, 29 mg cholesterol,
11 g protein, 20 g carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, 62 mg sodium, 41 percent calories from