Southwestern Salsa Meatballs
- 1 pound Bob Evans Original Recipe Roll Sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) jar prepared salsa
- medium heat
- 1 1/4 cups plain bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 teaspoons granulated
- 3/4 to 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced - green part only
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
to 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium size bowl, add sausage, egg and 1 cup salsa (8 ounces).
- Add bread crumbs until mixture starts to firm.
- Combine mixture with cut vegetables and seasoning.
- Form into 1 1/2 to 2 inch meatballs and place on non-stick cookie sheet,
leaving space between meatballs.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes depending on oven.
- Serve with remaining salsa in a dish and side container of wooden picks
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Yield: approximately 24 to 26 meatballs
Other Southwestern appetizer recipes you may like...
Shredded Pork Taquitos
Stinging Scorpion Guacamole