Toasted Almonds (Almendras Tostadas)
- 1 pound raw, blanched whole almonds
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread almonds in shallow pan, place in oven until lightly browned, about
15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Combine salt, cumin and crushed coriander.
- Toss almonds with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Return to oven for 5 more minutes.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 16 servings
Per serving (3 tablespoons): calories: 165 (16% from protein, 11% from carbohydrate,
73% from fat); protein: 7 grams; total fat: 14.7 grams; saturated fat: 1.2 grams;
cholesterol: 0; sodium: 143 mg; carbohydrate: 5 grams; dietary fiber: 2.5 grams;
exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 meat, 3 fat