Tortilla Shrimp with Mexican Cocktail Sauce
- 12 ounces tomato ketchup
- 2 ounces prepared
- Juice of 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- Juice of 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Jumbo shrimp, peeled and de-veined (leave
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup ice cold water
- 4 cups Japanese style or day-old bread crumbs
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- Mix all ingredients for the cocktail sauce together. This can be made ahead
of time and refrigerated up to 3 days.
- Wash shrimp, pat dry and toss in a bowl with the taco seasoning. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine flour, cornstarch and water.
- In a separate bowl combine breadcrumbs and tortilla chips.
- Holding the tail of each shrimp, dip into the batter, then dredge through
the crumb mixture.
- Reserve battered shrimp in freezer or refrigerator until ready to fry.
- Fry to a golden brown; drain and serve.