Boiled Pinto Beans
- 2 cups pinto beans
- 1 garlic clove, slightly crushed
- 1 small chunk white onion
- 6 to 8 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Clean beans and rinse in cold water once or twice until water runs clear.
- Cover beans with cold water and soak overnight.
- Place hot water in a large pot that has a tight-fitting lid.
- Add pinto beans, garlic clove, onion and water. Bring to a boil and lower heat
to medium, keeping it at a simmer. Cook, covered, for 2 or 3 hours or until tender.
If more water is needed always add boiling water, a cup or so at a time.
- Add salt after beans are soft.
This should give you about 4 cups cooked beans and 2 cups broth.