Chuckwagon Chili Beans
- 6 cups boiled pinto beans, cooked just until almost tender, with cooking water*
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons powdered red chiles
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Stir tomato puree and powdered chiles into the beans and their cooking water,
cover the casserole and bake for about 1 hour or until the liquid has thickened
to a sauce.
* Prepare the beans as in the
Frijoles de Olla, cooking
them just until almost tender because they will cook further in this recipe.
Other Southwestern bean recipes you may like...
Refried Beans Supreme
Horseshoe Cafe Cowboy Beans