Mexican Pinto Beans
- 1 cup dried pinto beans
- 3 cups reserved chicken broth
- 3 bacon slices, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sort and wash pinto beans; place in a large saucepan. Cover with water 2 inches
above beans, and bring to a boil. Boil beans 1 minute.
- Cover, remove from heat, and let soak 1 hour. Drain.
- Bring beans, broth, and remaining ingredients to a boil. Cover, reduce heat,
and simmer 2 hours.
- Chill, if desired; reheat over medium heat.
Other Southwestern bean recipes you may like...
Refried Beans Supreme
Horseshoe Cafe Cowboy Beans