Santa Fe Bean Mashers
- 1 (16 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium poblano chile, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 pound reduced fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- Heat beans, potatoes and milk to boiling in medium saucepan. Reduce heat and
simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer until potatoes are tender and milk is almost absorbed, about
10 minutes longer, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Spray small skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Sauté
poblano chile and garlic until tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Beat bean mixture with electric mixer at high speed until smooth; mix in poblano
- Return mixture to saucepan and heat over medium heat until hot. Remove from heat
and stir in cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Source: American Dry Bean Board
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Bean Recipes