- 2 pounds pinto beans
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon comino seed
- 1 (10 ounce) can roasted green chiles
- 1 (8 ounce) can taco sauce
- 1 (31 ounce) can tomatoes
- Soak pinto beans in cold water overnight.
- Add salt, and cook for 1 hour.
- Add remaining ingredients, and cook 1 more hour.
For spicier beans, add 1 or 2 teaspoons red chile powder.
For delicious chili con carne, add 2 pounds of beef, browned in cooking fat.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Bean Recipes