- 1 (4 pound) flank steak
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup soy sauce
- Partially freeze meat to make slicing easier.
- Trim fat and gristle from flank steak.
- Cut meat with grain into very thin slices.
- Combine onion, thyme, bay leaves, salt, garlic, pepper, cloves, vinegar, wine,
and Worcestershire and soy sauces.
- Pour marinade over steak strips to cover and marinate in the refrigerate for
about 15 hours.
- Squeeze marinade from meat by rolling strips with a rolling pin.
- Place meat on baking sheets or an oven rack and dry at 175 degrees F for about
9 hours, turning once. If using a rack, place foil under it to catch the drippings.
Yield: 40 to 50 strips
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.