Carne con Chile Verde y Papas
This is delicious served burrito-style in homemade flour tortillas.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 cups diced stew meat or pork chops
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion
- 2 green chiles, roasted and diced
- 1 small tomato
- Garlic or garlic salt
- 2 medium potatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Simmer the meat in water in a frying pan until cooked.
- Dice onion, chiles and tomato; add with garlic to the meat. Cook for about 20 minutes, adding more water if needed.
- Dice potatoes and add to meat mixture. A tablespoon of flour may be added to thicken it.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 1 hour.
If desired, you may add about 1 teaspoon comino when adding the salt and pepper.