Chipotle and Green Chile with Pork
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 cups yellow onions, diced
- 1/4 cup jalapeno chile, minced
- 1 cup dried New Mexico green chiles, seeded, stems removed, and minced
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/4 cup roasted chipotle chiles, peeled and minced
- 1 cup grated Pepper jack cheese
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- In a stockpot, melt two tablespoons butter and heat.
- When the butter is hot, add pork, onions, jalapeno, New Mexico dried chiles,
garlic, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook for 1 1/2 hours or until pork is tender.
- Add the chipotle chiles and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Grill the tortillas and brush with butter.
- Serve with grated Pepper jack cheese on top.
- You want to spoon the chili onto your tortilla and roll up and eat.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 1/15/2002 4:06 pm.