Chorizo-Beef Picadillo (Chorizo-Beef Filling)
Use as a filling for tacos and flour tortillas.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup green chiles, minced
- 2/3 cup onions,
- 2/3 cup potatoes, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Heaping 1/4 teaspoon
- Heaping 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 8 ounces
- 1 1/4 pounds very lean ground beef
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over moderate heat and add green chiles, onions,
potatoes and garlic. Sauté the vegetables until they are well browned, adjusting
the heat as necessary, about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring often. You may have to add
a little more olive oil to keep the vegetables from sticking.
- Add tomatoes and continue cooking for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add salt, cumin and oregano and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chorizo, breaking it up and stirring it into the vegetables.
- When the chorizo has browned and released most of its fat, add the ground beef,
breaking it up and mixing it with the other ingredients. When the ground beef has
browned, cover the skillet, turn the heat to very low, and simmer, stirring occasionally,
for 10 minutes.
Yield: about 4 cups
Other Southwestern beef and pork recipes you may like...
Slow Cooker Brisket Sofrito
Punkin Center Green Chile Chuck
Mexican Pot Roast Filling