- 1 pound dry red chile peppers
- 6 pounds lean pork, ground fine
- 1 cup white or cider vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sugar
- Salt, to taste
- Soak chile peppers and pork in vinegar overnight.
- The next day, remove the chiles and grind them to a paste with all the seasonings.
- Drain the meat thoroughly and place in a bowl.
- With a wooden spoon, blend the chile paste with the pork until very well mixed.
- Use in bulk form or make into patties.