- 2 cups Masa Harina
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2
cups boiling water
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Thoroughly mix the Masa Harina, oil, salt and boiling water. Let dough stand
for 20 minutes to firm.
- Shape into round, patty-like cakes, the size of uncooked biscuits.
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a large pan and fry them until golden brown on both sides,
about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- To use: Slice a gordita open on the edge, cutting about one-third of the way
- Repeat with the remaining gorditas.
- Coat the inside of each gordita with a generous tablespoon of warm refried beans,
then spoon in picadillo to fill the gorditas about two-thirds full.
- Top with lettuce and cheese and serve immediately, accompanied with guacamole
- Fill with green chile sauce, shredded Monterey jack cheese and avocado slices.
- Fill with any favorite filling.