Ground Beef Picadillo (Ground Beef Filling)
This is ideal for filling tacos, flautas and taquitos.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 slices bread, chopped
teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, then add oil and ground beef. Lightly brown
the meat, stirring and chopping it to break it up.
- Meanwhile, blend the remaining ingredients to a paste.
- As soon as the meat has been lightly browned, add the blended ingredients and
stir until well combined.
- Turn the heat to medium low and continue to fry for about 15 minutes, stirring
often until most of the liquid has evaporated.
Yield: about 2 cups
Other Southwestern beef and pork recipes you may like...
Slow Cooker Brisket Sofrito
Punkin Center Green Chile Chuck
Mexican Pot Roast Filling