Machaca 2 (Shredded Beef)
- 2 pounds boneless chuck
- 2 cups water
- Peppercorns or pepper
- 1/2 medium
- 1 can green chiles
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, mashed with 1/2
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes,
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- In large pan combine meat, water, pepper, onion, garlic and salt to taste. Bring
to boil. Cover and simmer until very tender, about 2 hours or cover and bake in
oven for 3 hours.
- Cool meat in broth. Drain. Reserve 2/3 cup broth for meat.
- Shred meat with fork.
- Mash the garlic to make paste.
- Heat oil. Add chopped onion and garlic. Cook until tender.
- Add chiles and tomatoes. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add meat, cumin and fresh pepper to taste. Cook until meat is heated through.
- Stir in reserved broth. Add salt if needed.
- Keep warm.
- Serve in warm flour tortillas.
Other Southwestern beef and pork recipes you may like...
Slow Cooker Brisket Sofrito
Punkin Center Green Chile Chuck
Mexican Pot Roast Filling