Mexican Pot Roast Filling
Use as a filling for tacos, enchiladas, chimichangas, burritos and tamales.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless chuck roast, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chiles
jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 dash salt
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Sauté onions, green chiles, jalapenos
and garlic about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add beef broth and meat. Sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, cayenne and salt.
Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 2 to 2 1/2 hours until meat is tender.
- Shred beef with fork and mix well with pan juices.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 28, 2001.