Old West Meat Balls
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup canned milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons hot shortening
- 1/3 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 3 1/2 cups whole kernel corn
- Mix together the ground beef, oats, salt, pepper and canned milk. With wet fingers,
shape into 12 balls.
- Roll in a mixture of flour, paprika and salt.
- Brown on all sides in the shortening.
- Add onion, and cook slowly for 5 minutes.
- Mix together barbecue sauce and water. Stir into skillet. Cover; simmer
for 45 minutes,
turning meat balls occasionally.
- Add the corn, and heat thoroughly.
- Serve hot.