Pork with Green Chile
(Carne de Puerco en Chile Verde)
- 1 pound pork or beef
- Vegetable oil or lard
- 4 green chiles, toasted, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato,
- 1 cup boiling water
- Cut pork into small cubes. Sauté in oil until well browned.
- Drain off all but 1 tablespoon fat.
- Add chopped chiles, garlic, onion, tomato and water and season to taste with
salt and pepper.
- Cover tightly and simmer for 1 hour.
Yield: 4 servings
Other Southwestern beef and pork recipes you may like...
Slow Cooker Brisket Sofrito
Punkin Center Green Chile Chuck
Mexican Pot Roast Filling