Quick Mexican Pork Mole
Traditional Mexican mole sauce is a heady mixture of chiles, spices, fruit and
unsweetened chocolate, often served with chicken or pork. This simplified version
has lots of flavor, just like the original, but with a fraction of the ingredients.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin or boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
- 1 square BAKER'S Unsweetened Chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil in large skillet on medium heat until
- Increase heat to high. Add pork; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until pork is
golden brown on all sides.
- Add 1/2 cup water, barbecue sauce, chocolate and crushed red pepper; mix well.
Bring to a boil; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes or until pork
is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice.
Prep: 10 min | Total: 25 min | Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Kraft Foods - kraftrecipes.com