Quick Mexican Pork Mole
Traditional Mexican mole sauce is a heady mixture of chiles, spices, fruit and unsweetened chocolate, often served with chicken or pork. This simplified version has lots of flavor, just like the original, but with a fraction of the ingredients.
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 15 min | Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin or boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce
- 1 square Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil in large skillet on medium heat until tender.
- Increase heat to high. Add pork; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until pork is golden brown on all sides.
- Add 1/2 cup water, barbecue sauce, chocolate and crushed red pepper; mix well. Bring to a boil; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for 10 minutes or until pork is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice.