Slow Cooker Brisket Sofrito
Slow Cooker Brisket Sofrito is an excellent filling for corn or flour tortillas.
- 1 (3 pound) brisket
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus extra after cooking
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper, plus extra after cooking
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) jar tomato Sofrito
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chili (or more for an extra kick)
- Season brisket on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place onion and garlic in a 3 1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker. Place brisket
on onions and garlic, fat side up. Pour Sofrito over brisket and sprinkle
chipotle chili over sauce. Cover and cook on low for 9 – 10 hours or until
brisket is fork tender.
- Carefully remove brisket from cooker with as little sauce as possible.
Place on cutting board and cut into three pieces cross grain. Shred beef
with two forks and return to cooker. Stir into sauce and season with salt
and pepper (and a little more chipotle seasoning if you like it spicy).
- Serve with tortillas and other desired toppings.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 530 calories; 23 g fat (5g saturated
fat; 0 g trans fat); 195 mg cholesterol; 1340 mg sodium; 5 g carbohydrate; 1 g
fiber; 0 g sugar; 71 g protein; 2% vitamin A; 6% calcium; 20% vitamin C; 35%
Reprinted with permission from Texas Beef Team.
>> Southwestern Beef and Pork Recipes
>> Mexican Beef and Pork Recipes