Smothered Liver (Higado de Res)
- 8 (1/2-inch) slices calves liver
- 1 quart boiling water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, finely mashed
- Salt and
- Flour, as needed
- Bacon grease or vegetable oil
- Place liver in a large bowl and pour boiling water over them. Allow liver to
blanch. When grayish in color, remove from hot water and remove skin from edges
- Marinate in a mixture of vinegar, Worcestershire, garlic, salt and pepper for
at least 30 minutes.
- Remove liver from marinade and roll in flour. Brown in hot fat, then reduce heat
and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Avoid overcooking. Turn once only.
- Serve with fried onions and crisp bacon slices, with pickled serrano peppers
on the side.
Other Southwestern beef and pork recipes you may like...
Slow Cooker Brisket Sofrito
Punkin Center Green Chile Chuck
Mexican Pot Roast Filling