South of the Border Shredded Pork
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 pound) pork shoulder roast (weight after trimmed of fat)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (1.25 ounce) packages taco seasoning
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Mexican style diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced
- Shredded Cheddar or jack cheese
- Sour cream
- Cut pork into 1 1/2-inch chunks and sear in hot oil until browned on all sides.
- Add onion, taco seasoning mix, tomatoes and chiles; stir well. Cover and simmer
over low heat for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook 15 minutes more or until liquid has reduced and sauce is
- Shred meat with two forks.
- Spoon filling into tortillas and top with desired fillings.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Other Southwestern beef and pork recipes you may like...
Slow Cooker Brisket Sofrito
Punkin Center Green Chile Chuck
Mexican Pot Roast Filling