Southwestern Beef Patties
- 2 medium onions
- 2 medium green bell peppers
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup
corn flakes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
teaspoon chili powder
- 4 (1 ounce) slices Cheddar cheese, cut diagonally in half
- Cut four 1/4-inch-thick slices from center of each onion and green pepper. Set
- Dice remainder of onion and green pepper.
- Combine diced onion, diced green pepper, ground beef, tomatoes, egg, corn flakes,
salt, oregano and chili powder in a large bowl; mix well.
- Shape meat into 8 patties, and place on a broiler rack.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, turning once.
- Top each meat patty with onion slice, green pepper ring and cheese; bake an additional
- Serve immediately.