Southwestern Pork Roast
- 1 (4 to 5 pound) rolled pork roast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup crushed white or yellow corn chips
- Place roast, fat side up, in pan.
- Combine salt, garlic salt and chili powder. Rub on roast. Roast at 325 degrees
F for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until 165 degrees F internal temperature.
- In small saucepan combine jelly, ketchup, vinegar and chili powder. Bring to
a boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- Brush roast with glaze, sprinkle with chips. Continue roasting 10 to 15 minutes
or until 170 degrees F on meat thermometer.
- Remove roast and let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Measure drippings and add water to make 1 cup. Serve with roast.
Yield: 8 servings
Other Southwestern beef and pork recipes you may like...
Slow Cooker Brisket Sofrito
Punkin Center Green Chile Chuck
Mexican Pot Roast Filling