Southwestern Pulled Pork
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 pound) pork butt (weight after trimmed of fat)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can ready cut tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- Shredded Cheddar or jack cheese
- Green onions, cut into 1/4-inch lengths
- Tomatoes, diced
- Sour cream
- Cut pork into 1 1/2 inch chunks and sear in hot oil until browned on all sides.
- Add onion, taco seasoning mix, tomatoes with jalapenos and diced green chiles;
stir well. Cover and simmer over low heat, for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook 15 minutes more or until liquid has reduced and sauce is
- Shred meat with two forks.
- Spoon filling into warm flour tortillas and top with cheese, green onions, tomatoes
and sour cream.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Other Southwestern beef and pork recipes you may like...
Slow Cooker Brisket Sofrito
Punkin Center Green Chile Chuck
Mexican Pot Roast Filling