- 1 pound ground pork or beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seed
teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 6 (9-inch) flour tortillas
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet or jellyroll pan with foil for
easy cleanup and set aside.
- In a heavy, nonstick skillet, cook pork with onion and green pepper until meat
is no longer pink.
- Add tomato, paprika, thyme, cayenne, fennel, pepper, salt, and garlic. Cook until
meat is done.
- Place 3 tablespoons of the meat mixture on each tortilla. Top with about 1/4
cup shredded mozzarella and roll up bottom. Glue down sides with tomato paste and
brush with oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Yield: 6 servings
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 491 Calories; 30g Fat (55.4% calories
from fat); 24g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 80mg Cholesterol; 507mg
Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 4 1/2 Fat
Source: Lafayette Journal and Courier - 12/16/2002