- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves,
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 12 corn tortillas
(16 ounce) container cottage or ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups lettuce shredded
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup black olives,
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet with onion and garlic.
- Add cumin, red pepper, cayenne pepper and diced tomatoes and cook over low-medium
heat for several minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place 6 of the corn tortillas and the bottom of a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch
baking dish and spread meat mixture evenly over tortillas. Top with remaining tortillas.
- Combine ricotta and Monterey jack cheeses and mix well.
- Spread cheeses over tortillas and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with lettuce, tomatoes, black olives and cheddar cheese.
- Slice and serve.
Other Southwestern beef and pork recipes you may like...
Slow Cooker Brisket Sofrito
Punkin Center Green Chile Chuck
Mexican Pot Roast Filling