This is the traditional accompaniment for sweet tamales.
- 2 cups milk
- 3 (1-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate,
broken into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
- Heat milk and cinnamon sticks over low heat until steaming. Do not boil.
- Place chocolate and sugar in warm, small bowl.
- Discard cinnamon sticks. Pour milk over chocolate and sugar and let stand 1 minute.
Whisk until dissolved.
- Serve in mugs with a sprinkling of cinnamon, if desired.
Yield: 2 servings
Other Southwestern beverage recipes you may like...
Patron Silver Margaritas
Traditional Latin Horchata