Mexican Hot Chocolate
- 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 6 cups milk
- 1/4 cup granulated
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 cinnamon sticks (optional)
- Using a sharp knife, break up chocolate squares into smaller pieces.
- In a medium saucepan, combine chocolate, milk, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Heat
and stir until chocolate melts and milk is very hot. Do not allow to boil.
- Add vanilla extract and beat until frothy with a rotary beater or with an electric
mixer on low speed.
- Pour into mugs. Garnish each with a cinnamon stick.
Yield: 48 ounces
Other Southwestern beverage recipes you may like...
Patron Silver Margaritas
Traditional Latin Horchata