Traditional Champurrado is elevated to new heights with the addition of pure
pumpkin. This is an excellent Halloween beverage.
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup masa flour
- 3 cups lactose free 2% milk
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablets (90g each) NESTLÉ®
ABUELITA® Authentic Mexican Hot Chocolate Drink, coarsely
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon or cinnamon sticks (optional)
- Place hot water and masa flour in large saucepan; whisk until smooth.
- Add milk, pumpkin and Abuelita chocolate. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly,
until boiling, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 to 3 minutes or until thickened
to desired consistency.
- Stir in vanilla extract. Garnish with ground cinnamon or cinnamon sticks, if
- Serve immediately.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Skill Level Intermediate
Makes 7 servings
Suggestion: For a thinner beverage, add additional milk.
Nutritional Information: Serving Size 7 Calories Per Serving 140 Calories
from fat 40
% Daily Value * Total Fat 4g 6% Saturated Fat 2.5g 13% Cholesterol 10mg 3%
Sodium 35mg 1% Carbohydrates 20g 7% Dietary Fiber 2g 8% Vitamin A 130% Vitamin C
2% Calcium 15% Iron 4% Sugars 14g Protein 6g
* Percentage Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photograph provided used with permission from
Very Best Baking and Nestlé.