- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook cornmeal in a saucepan with butter, salt, sugar and milk until
the mixture comes to a boil. Turn off heat, cover, and let stand
- Add baking powder.
- Spoon the mixture onto a greased cookie
sheet in heaping tablespoon-size balls, then bake for 10 to
15 minutes. They are done when slightly brown around the edges.
- Cut laterally and fill with honey butter.
Add 2 tablespoons chopped jalapenos to the mix.
Add 1/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese.