- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, oil and lemon peel.
- Add dry ingredients and stir enough to moisten the mixture.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until bread is golden.
- Let cool about 10 minutes, then poke holes with a wooden skewer about 1-inch
deep on top of bread.
- Glaze: Dissolve sugar in lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium-low heat,
- Drizzle glaze over bread and let cool before serving.
Other Southwestern bread recipes you may like...
Casa Vieja Roman Bread
Sweet Potato or Pumpkin Fry Bread
Pan Dulce Conchas