Try this recipe without spices once to taste the true peanut-buttery flavor of
mesquite flour, but add cinnamon or nutmeg to another batch, if desired.
- 2/3 cup mesquite bean flour
- 1 1/3 cups sifted self-rising flour
- 1 beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- Mix flours. Combine egg, vegetable oil and milk; whip with a fork until frothy.
- Add liquid mixture to dry flours and stir just until moistened.
- Fill 12 well-greased muffin cups with batter two-thirds full.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.