Simply the Best Pancake Syrup
- 3 cups brown sugar (one 1-pound box)
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 or 2 cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
of one orange or one lemon
- 1 teaspoon maple extract (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon
- Mix brown sugar and water together.
- Add whole spices and citrus zest. Cover and let steep for several hours.
- Taste to see if spicy enough and, if so, strain into a decorative glass jar with
- Stir in maple and almond extracts.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: about 2 cups
Other Southwestern breakfast and brunch recipes you may like...
Breakfast Burritos with Green Chiles
Coyote Gulch Breakfast Quesadilla