Arizona Green Burritos
Many times before I add the filling to the burrito, I spread guacamole on the
tortilla and perhaps some diced tomato. Occasionally I add a pinch of cumin to
the filling. You can "jazz" this burrito up any way you like, but the basic
burrito, by itself, is absolutely delicious.
- 2 pounds lean, boneless beef, cut into small chunks (chuck or bottom round)
- 1 or 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups water, divided
- Salt, pepper and chili powder to taste
- Brown beef in heavy Dutch oven or skillet. Set aside.
- Lightly brown onions; drain fat, but keep the brown flavor by deglazing
the Dutch oven.
- Add chiles and garlic to beef and onions, along with 3 cups water.
Simmer over low heat for 3 hours. Careful, don't let it boil dry (meat should fall apart).
- Mix cornstarch and remaining 1 cup water; add to Dutch oven. Stir and
cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Serve in warmed flour tortillas.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.