Arizona Green Burritos
Many times before I add the filling to the burrito, I spread guacamole on the
tortilla and perhaps some diced tomato. Occasionally I add a pinch of cumin to
the filling. You can "jazz" this burrito up any way you like, but the basic
burrito, by itself, is absolutely delicious.
- 2 pounds lean, boneless beef, cut into small chunks (chuck or bottom round)
- 1 or 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups water, divided
- Salt, pepper and chili powder to taste
- Brown beef in heavy Dutch oven or skillet. Set aside.
- Lightly brown onions; drain fat, but keep the brown flavor by deglazing
the Dutch oven.
- Add chiles and garlic to beef and onions, along with 3 cups water.
Simmer over low heat for 3 hours. Careful, don't let it boil dry (meat should fall apart).
- Mix cornstarch and remaining 1 cup water; add to Dutch oven. Stir and
cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Serve in warmed flour tortillas.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Burro Recipes