Bacon, Egg and Mushroom Burritos
Thick sliced apple wood-smoked turkey bacon, shiitake mushrooms and spinach enhance this yummy egg wrap. Perfect for breakfast or lunch on-the-go.
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 thick slices applewood-smoked turkey bacon (6 ounces)
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake OR button mushrooms, stemmed, sliced
- 4 ounces fresh baby arugula OR spinach (4 cups)
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 6 (7 to 9 inch) flour OR whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- Cook bacon in 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon; pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings. Add mushrooms; saute over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add arugula; cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Pour eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking, pulling, lifting and folding eggs until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon egg mixture into center of each tortilla, dividing evenly; top each with 1 bacon slice. Fold in sides of tortillas, then roll up burrito-style.