- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 potato, peeled, cooked and diced
- 2 New
Mexico green chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 to 8 flour tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream
- Heat oil in a frying pan, then sauté onion for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add ground beef, garlic, cumin, pepper and salt. Cook, stirring with a fork,
- Stir in the potato and green chiles and continue cooking until the potato and
chiles are warmed through.
- In a nonstick frying pan, heat each tortilla until just warm.
- Remove from pan, spoon a little of the beef mixture into the center of each tortilla
and roll up.
- Top with shredded lettuce, a tablespoon of sour cream and/or your favorite salsa.
- Serve with refried beans on the side.
Yield: 4 to 8 servings
Other Southwestern burro and burrito recipes you may like...
Baked Steak Burritos
Chicken Burrito Skillet