Black Bean Burritos
You can also use pinto beans in place of black beans, or a mixture of the two.
- 10 tortillas, soft-taco size
- 4 cups black beans or pinto beans (two 16-ounce
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped green chiles
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups Cheddar
- 1 cup salsa
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat tortillas in microwave per package directions.
- Using a mixer, food processor, or potato masher, mash beans, chiles, salt, and
pepper to desired consistency.
- Spread 1/2 cup salsa in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of bean mixture across a tortilla; sprinkle with cheese
- Roll up tortilla, leaving ends open, and place in baking dish, seam side down.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Spread remaining salsa over burritos; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until heated through.
Other Southwestern burro and burrito recipes you may like...
Baked Steak Burritos
Chicken Burrito Skillet